a virtual laboratory for historical inquiry in the suny system.
Beginning in Fall 2023, the SUNY HistoryLab facilitates scholarly exchange across the State University of New York system through webinar presentations focused on research, teaching, and roundtable discussions as well as an online listserv.
Our goals include to:
- learn more about faculty research and teaching across SUNY campuses;
- think more dynamically at a university system and statewide level about historical inquiry;
- link historical research across campuses to our students and involve them in projects and cross-campus coursework in more creative ways;
- work with community partners, teachers, school districts, librarians, archivists, curators, municipal historians, independent scholars, artists, government officials, nonprofit agencies, businesses, and others in New York State to deliver a more robust understanding of the past to the population that supports our scholarship; and
- combine online platforms and tools, in-person events and collaborations, and print-based study in productive ways.
The SUNY HistoryLab website (in development).
Dr. Michael J. Kramer, Assistant Professor, Department of History, SUNY Brockport, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assistant Professor in History Receives Innovative Instruction Technology Grant from SUNY, Brockport Today, 10 May 2023
Image: SUNY Delhi laboratory, ca. 1960s.