Looking for consultation on a theater or dance project, a novel, film, or television show, a website or other creative endeavor? In need of a researcher, grant writer/editor, general sounding board, and/or someone to help organize and moderate a talkback, roundtable, or panel? My work as a scholar, editor, cultural critic, and writer has increasingly involved dramaturgical collaboration. I am available at reasonable rates. To discuss potential opportunities and ideas, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (847) 942-5182.
My past experiences include:
- Dramaturg/historian-in-residence for The Seldoms, an award-winning Chicago-based dance company. This work has included helping with the creative process; providing research materials; maintaining ongoing feedback, conversation, and dialogue with multiple collaborators and makers; grant writing/editing assistance; organizing and facilitating panels and talkbacks; and writing program notes.
- Panels about dance writing and dramaturgy.
- Writing about the practice of dance dramaturgy.
- Digital consultant on the Chicago Dance History Project and work on new modes of multimedia dance writing.
- Extensive writing and teaching about dance, theater, music, film, visual arts, and other topics.