Digital Humanities — Digital History — Public Humanities — Public History
Looking for consultation on a digital humanities project, building institutional capacity, teaching and curriculum, or how the digital can enhance projects in public history and the public humanities?
- Researcher in multimodal narrative and interpretation; effective platform design for digital humanities; digital approaches to public humanities, public history, and civic engagement; digital humanities and the arts; digital humanities pedagogy
- Co-founder of the Northwestern University Digital Humanities Laboratory
- Principal Investigator, Digital Berkeley Folk Music Festival Project
- Principal investigator, Image Sonification for Historical Interpretation
- Editorial Board Member, Transcultura: Digital Transatlantic Cultural History Project, 1700-Present
- Digital humanities pedagogy:
- See Issues in Digital History blog for more
Word Foundry: Conceptual Development — Grant Writing — Wordsmithing — Editing
Need help, guidance, or full writing and development service for online, print, or other type of publication or project? The words and ideas foundry is open!
- Former New York Times arts and culture editor
- Former editor in the Design, Publishing, and New Media Department at the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
Theater & Dance Dramaturgy
Looking for research and consultation on a theater or dance project? In need of someone to moderate an artist talk back, roundtable, or panel?
- Dramaturg/historian-in-residence for The Seldoms
- Conducts research
- Responds to conceptualization and development of work
- Assists with grant applications
- Participates as needed in rehearsals
- Assist with audience engagement through social media, in-person artist talk backs and related events
- Writes program notes
I am available at reasonable rates. To discuss potential collaborations, feel free to email me at email@example.com or call (847) 942-5182.